Thursday 26 April 2012

No Stress Spin Class

I just ran a spin class for all of the Fitness and Health Promotion Staff at work.  A great team building exercise, so I thought I would share my class :)

Wam Up: What I've Done - Linkin Park
Mixed Terrain: DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love - Usher
-first chorus pick up the pace a bit (easy race), back to ride easy, climbing for the next two choruses (crank up that tension)
Sprints: I Like How It Feel - Enrique
-sprint it out at the chorus
Jumps: Poker Face - Lady Gaga
-4 counts before chorus, 2 counts at "p p p poker face"
Climb: No Stress
-great climbing tune, crank up that tension as the chorus approaches, then out of the saddle (climbing to the beat)
Break: The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
-ride easy, keep the legs going, stretch it out, grab water
Climb: Higher - Taio Cruz
-crank up that tension, climb the choruses
Sprints: Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 ft. Christina Augilera
-we're racing, all out at the choruses
Climb: Yeah X3- Chris Brown
-more tension, climb at choruses
Sprints: My Body - Young the Giants (3) & How Far We've Come - Matchbox 20 (3)
-all down hill from here, six races, sprint it out at the choruses
Cool: Nothin' On You - Bruno Mars & Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
-slowly bringing that heart rate down, keep spinning for a couple mins, stretch it out on the bike followed by off bike stretching

Fun class...up beat music...hope you guys enjoy it :)

Let me know if you try it out!!

Cheers,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment